Here are a handful of links to inspire you this weekend.
- Five easy ways to go green, from Daily Danny. These aren’t your usual no-brainers. Take this one, for example: “Take a minute to pull your refrigerator a few inches away from the kitchen wall. By allowing extra air in the back, the condenser coils will work more efficiently because of the increased air circulation.” He has four more where that came from.
- Make a candle holder out of a used water bottle, from Crafting a Green World. And while you’re at it, if you insist on buying bottled water, here are ten more.
- Do you want a garden but have no yard? Check out this drawbridge window garden from TreeHugger, or this pallet-to-garden tutorial from Life on the Balcony.
- While you’re stuck on your little fire escape / balcony / non-yard, maybe you’d be interested in this portable deck.
- I can’t match that segue, but speaking of Segways and two-wheeled transportation, here is a brief tutorial on how to restore an old bike.
- Remember our Month of Erin Wearin’ Goodwill? If you liked that, you’ll love Coriander’s One Dress for One Month project. She’s wearing one dress throughout the entire month of May.
Have a great weekend!