A collection of recent links that didn’t make it into posts of their own…
- Continuing with National Disability Employment Awareness Month, The National Technical Assistance and Research Center to Promote Leadership for Increasing Employment and Economic Independence of Adults with Disabilities (a.k.a. the NTAR Leadership Center) has recently released a few studies of interest to Goodwill and similar agencies serving people with disabilities: The Great Recession and Serving Dislocated Workers with Disabilities: Perspectives from One-Stop Career Centers and Rapid Response Coordinators (PDF) and Moving TANF Recipients with Disabilities to Work: Examples of State Strategies (PDF).
- Ten ways to creatively recycle vinyl records from SustainaBlog. I wonder if some of these projects make vinylphiles cringe.
- From Sustainablog, Rebel Tart’s Cindy Brown used recycled materials to compete in Saint Louis Fashion Week.
- From the Aspen Institute: Where Labor Supply Meets Labor Demand: Connecting Workforce Development to Economic Development in Local Labor Markets (PDF).
- Debbie at DebbieDoos turned a mirror she bought at Goodwill into a chalkboard.