COVID-19 Procedures and Precautions in Effect at All Goodwill Omaha Locations
At Goodwill Omaha, we carefully consider the health of our employees, program participants, customers, donors and the community in general. We take the spread of the novel coronavirus seriously, and we want to do our part to prevent the spread of the virus at every one of our locations.
Goodwill Omaha has implemented the following processes and procedures — based on best practices from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), Goodwill Industries International, other Goodwill affiliate organizations, and the National Retail Federation — at all of our retail stores and donation centers:
- All customers and children over the age of 5 must wear face masks inside our retail stores to help protect our employees, program participants and other customers.
- Employees at each store are assigned to sanitizing carts.
- Operating hours at all locations are Monday through Saturday, 9 a.m. to 7 p.m., and Sunday, 10 a.m. to 6 p. m.
- Every Goodwill Omaha employee has been instructed to stay home if they:
• Have any symptoms, including fever, cough, sore throat or shortness of breath
• Live with anyone who has been suspected of having or diagnosed with COVID-19
• Have been exposed to anyone suspected or confirmed to have COVID-19
- All Goodwill employees are wearing masks at all times in our stores and donation center.
- Employees are sanitizing high-traffic areas every two hours, and our cleaning crew performs additional sanitizing and deep cleaning at all stores.
- Regular announcements over the PA systems remind customers to social distance and give each other some extra space.
- We’ve installed clear acrylic dividers at the registers to protect customers and employees in areas where social distancing is impossible or impractical.
- Our fitting rooms are temporarily closed. We understand this may be inconvenient for our customers, so we’ll grant store credit for returns of clothing items with the tags attached and the receipt for an additional seven days beyond our regular return policy.
- Signage reminding everyone to social distance at least 6 feet is posted throughout the stores and on floor decals at the registers.
- Our donation centers hold all donations for a minimum of 24 hours before putting the items in the stores.
Additional Precautions at the Goodwill Wearhouse Only
The following are additional precautions we are enforcing at the Goodwill Wearhouse near 72nd & F streets:
- All adult customers and employees must wear masks and gloves at all times inside the store.
- Children over the age of 5 must wear masks inside the Goodwill Wearhouse.
- All children who reach into the bins must wear gloves.