New COVID-19 Procedures & Precautions in Effect at All Goodwill Omaha Locations
At Goodwill Omaha, we carefully consider the health of our employees, program participants, customers, donors and the community in general. We also take the spread of the novel coronavirus seriously, and we want to do our part to prevent the spread of the virus at every one of our locations.
Goodwill Omaha has implemented the following processes and procedures — based on best practices from Goodwill Industries International, other Goodwill affiliate organizations and the National Retail Federation — at all of our retail stores and donation centers:
- We have employees assigned to sanitizing carts.
- Operating hours at all locations are temporarily reduced to 10 a.m. to 6 p.m., seven days a week.
- Every employee has been instructed to stay home if they:
- Have any symptoms, including fever, cough, sore throat or shortness of breath
- Live with anyone who has been suspected of having or diagnosed with COVID-19
- Have been exposed to anyone who is suspected of or confirmed to have COVID-19
Each employee has signed an agreement stating that they will review the symptom and exposure checklist before every shift and report to their manager if they are experiencing symptoms or may have been exposed. In either case, the manager will send the employee home.
- All Goodwill employees are wearing masks and gloves at all times in our stores and donation centers.
- Employees are sanitizing high-traffic areas every two hours, and our cleaning crew is performing additional sanitizing and deep cleaning at all stores.
- Regular announcements over the PA systems remind customers to social distance and give each other some extra space.
- We’ve installed clear acrylic dividers at the registers and jewelry counters to protect customers and employees in areas where social distancing is impossible or impractical.
- Our fitting rooms are temporarily closed. We understand this may be inconvenient for our customers, so we’ll grant store credit for returns of clothing items with the tags attached and the receipt for an additional seven days beyond our regular return policy.
- Signage reminding everyone to social distance at least 6 feet is posted throughout the stores and on floor decals at the registers.
- Our donation centers have implemented no-contact donations. Donors can either put their donations in the bins we have set out, or stay in their car and our team will unload donations from the trunk.
- Our donation centers are holding all donations for a minimum of 24 hours before they’ll be put out on the shelves.
Additional Precautions at the Goodwill Wearhouse Only
The following are additional precautions we are enforcing at the Goodwill Wearhouse near 72nd & F streets:
- Customers also must wear masks and gloves the entire time they’re in the store.
- No one under the age of 16 is allowed in the Wearhouse until further notice.