Goodwill provides part-time job opportunities for individuals with disabilities in a supportive and integrated work environment at several Federal Properties.
Employees work both independently and in a team setting while providing valuable services to our government partners. All positions provide accommodations to increase the success of employment. Employees work with a support staff to make the placement successful.
Long-term employment opportunities are available at Offutt Air Force Base, the Zorinsky Federal Building in Omaha, the Denney Federal Building in Lincoln and the V.A. Hospital in Omaha and Grand Island. Positions include custodial, postal services and ground maintenance.
Goodwill has been providing job opportunities to individuals with disabilities since 1989. In 2017, we employed 118 people in this program, 92 identified as having a disability. Individuals are paid more than minimum wage for these positions.
- If you have a documented disability and the desire to work, Goodwill Specialty Services may be right for you.
- Goodwill provides transportation assistance, from select locations, but we ask that all employees arrange their own way to the pick-up site each scheduled workday.
- There are also lifting requirements for these positions, ranging from 20-75 pounds, depending on the position.
- Certain positions require a drivers license and good driving record.
- In some cases, an employee will need to read and write moderately well.
Transportation from selected Goodwill locations is provided at a minimal cost.
- Life Insurance
- Retirement Plan
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Holidays