Goodwill’s AbilityOne program provides part-time job opportunities for individuals with disabilities in a supportive and integrated work environment at several federal properties.
Employees work both independently and in a team setting while providing valuable services to our government partners. All positions provide accommodations to help ensure long-term employment, and AbilityOne employees work with our team to make their placements successful.
Long-term employment opportunities are available at Offutt Air Force Base, the Zorinsky Federal Building in Omaha and the Denney Federal Building in Lincoln. Positions include custodial and postal services, and AbilityOne participants are paid more than minimum wage for these positions.
Goodwill has been providing job opportunities to individuals with disabilities since 1989. In 2020, we employed 113 people in this program, and 92 identified as having a disability.
- If you have a documented disability and the desire to work, then AbilityOne may be right for you.
- Goodwill provides transportation assistance from select locations, but we ask that all employees arrange their own way to the pickup site each scheduled workday.
- These positions have lifting requirements ranging from 20 to 75 pounds, depending on the position.
- Certain positions require a driver’s license and a good driving record.
- In some cases, employees will need to read and write moderately well.
Transportation from selected Goodwill locations is provided at a minimal cost.
- Life insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid vacation
- Paid holidays
AbilityOne Hotline: 402-573-4709