WHAT CAN YOUTHBUILD AMERICORPS PROGRAM DO FOR YOU?:
- Paid construction training
– Learn construction skills while working on projects with Habitat for Humanity, the Abide Network and other Omaha organizations
- Paid education and learning
– Prepare for GED testing through subject material and practice tests
– Gain certification in home building, first aid, and OSHA while you learn
- Leadership training
– Develop the skills that make you valuable to an employer.
– Become a leader in your community through service projects
- Ongoing support
– Benefit from the shared growth of your YouthBuild AmeriCorps Program class
– Continue to receive support after graduation from YouthBuild AmeriCorps Program staff
WHO WE SERVE:
- Young people (16 to 24) in the Omaha area who are underemployed or do not have a high school diploma.
- Individuals willing to commit to nine months of training and development
- Those interested in learning construction and helping to build/repair houses for low-income families
YouthBuild AmeriCorps Program is a national educational, leadership, development and occupational skill-training program for disadvantaged young adults and is a proud partner of the American Job Center Network. YouthBuild AmeriCorps Program is funded in part by the US Department of Labor.
Does Goodwill’s YouthBuild AmeriCorps program sound like the program for you? Complete the application below today!